Our second book club meeting is this Friday, April 21st at 7:00pm EST and we will be exploring Seven Days in June by Tia Williams. I am excited to discuss this book with all of you especially since it has been such a great hit on TikTok. I’ve read this book twice so far and reading this book for the second time was like reading it with fresh eyes. Maybe because a lot of time went by since the first read or my mom brain is doing it’s thing. I digress…I’ve reviewed this book on the blog as well on December 21, 2021. TIME FLEW BY !! If you haven’t registered for the book club meeting, please do so at the link below. Our first book club meeting was fun! It was my first time holding such event and everyone involved made it a great experience. We laughed, we reflected and dived into All About Love by bell hooks.
I am sharing a list of questions to encourage you to think about Seven Days In June by Tia Williams. These questions came to mind while reading the book for the second time. Though I will most likely ask a few of these questions, please feel free to bring questions of your own to the event. Happy Reading Folks.
- Why doesn’t Eva go by Gienevee and how would you pronounce that?
- Describe Eva and Audre’s mother/daughter relationship. What do you like or don’t like about their relationship?
- Do you feel that Eva broke Generational Trauma with her relationship with Audre? If so, how? If not, why not?
- Why do you think Eva chose to rewriter her mother’s narrative for Audre? What do you think Audre would have said if she discovered who her grandmother really was in the beginning?
- What is Eva’s medical condition and how has that shaped her relationships? Why do you think Tia added this to Eva’s story?
- Why do you think Tia Williams chose to make Shane and Eva writers in this novel instead of any other career?
- What are your thoughts on Shane and Eva’s relationship?
- Is Eva and Shane’s story believable?
- How do you feel about Shane?
- Trigger Warning: Why do you think Tia Williams added trauma such as self-harm and drug abuse to this book? Would the story be different without that as a backstory? Why is there so much suffering?
- What do you think of the writing style of this book and how would you describe it?
- What was your favorite part of the book?
- What was your least favorite part of the book?
- If you had to choose, who would play the role of each character in a movie or TV show? Who would you choose to direct it?
- Is this book overrated or underrated?
- Did this book remind you of any other book?
- Would you read any of Eva’s books?
- What was your takeaway from this book?
Register for the Book Club Meeting Here: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZArcuytpjwjG9HVrWBzxqFgm4MB3ZFJqnIn
Seven Days in June: A Review & Spoiler
I wanted to come here to share my thoughts on “Seven Days in June” by Tia Williams.